The Dead Horse Overdrive…
There is a damn good reason the Dead Horse Overdrive has become the go-to overdrive and basis for many signature pedals for modern metal giants such as Tosin Abasi, Dario Lorina, Jeff Loomis, Josh Travis, Misha Mansoor, and Keith Merrow.
Yeah, it may be based on a Tube Screamer… but it sounds WAY better!
We took the classic design of the Ibanez Tube Screamer and went nuts from there. We performed all of the common ‘after market modifications’ by guys like Keeley or Landgraff and other boutiquers get upwards of $600 for.
Extended low-end, and more gain are just the tip of the iceberg… The Dead Horse Overdrive has the traditional Tube Screamer tone, volume, & gain control format with the addition of a switch to change the clipping diodes from symmetrical to asymmetrical.
- Gain, Tone and Volume controls
- Diode selection switch
- Features the legendary JRC4558 IC
- A low Current draw of just 5mA
- Operates on a standard 9 volt DC (negative tip) BOSS style adapter
- True Hardwire Bypass with grounded input for noise free operation
- Stomp switch built to withstand years of hard stomping shows
- Durable aluminum housing
- Super-Bright LED for easy onstage identification
- Proudly built by hand in the U.S.A.
Currently shipping top-only art as seen in the above video