My Dead Pony
If you’ve been following Pro Tone for a while, you know that I get a lot of pedal ideas from my kids. The Dead Pony is no exception. My youngest wanted to see a My Little Pony inspired pedal.. So here it is
The Dead Pony began life as a scaled back version of the Dead Horse… but we recognize that most of you interested in a pedal like this are probably playing a modern, progressive style of aggressive metal, so we made some changes to the original, wildly popular Dead Pony Overdrive. We tightened up the bass response and made the pedals biting attack much more pronounced.
Full transparency- the new Dead Pony is identical to the out of production Misha Mansoor signature. So if you’re looking for a tight overdrive without a sloppy gate- the Dead Pony is a must-try.
The Dead Pony features:
- Gain, Tone and Volume controls
- Features the legendary JRC4558 IC
- A low Current draw of just 5mA
- Operates on a standard 9 volt DC (negative tip) BOSS style adapter (sold separately)
- True Hardwire Bypass with grounded input for noise free operation
- Stomp switch built to withstand years of hard stomping shows
- Durable aluminum housing
- Super-Bright LED for easy onstage identification
- Proudly hand-wired in the U.S.A.